If you’ve set up a Cox POP3 email account in Outlook 2007 but have experienced a problem where emails can be received but can’t be sent, you may find this of interest.
It is important to make sure that the check boxes and radio button for “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)”, “this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” and “my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” REMAINS UNSELECTED and to confirm the correct Server Port Numbers (Incoming: 110, Outgoing: 25).
Below is a general overview of how to set up your Cox POP3 email in Outlook 2007.
- In Outlook 2007, on the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
- Click New under the E-mail tab, and then click Next.
- Select POP3, and then click Next.
- Under User Information, do the following:
- In the Your Name box, type your full name the way you want it to appear to other people.
- In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name followed by @cox.net.
- Under Server Information, do the following:In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box and the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the server names that apply to your geographic location.
- Under Logon Information, do the following:
- In the User Name box, type your user name provided by Cox.net.
- In the Password box, type your password.
- Select the Remember password check box.
- Click More Settings.
- Check the settings in the Outgoing Server and Advanced tabs
- Click OK, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.